Starting a new relationship and afraid of making the same mistakes again? If you don’t learn from past experience – what’s the point? As all of us know, there is no end to the number of times we can keep making the same mistakes. Learn how to stop what doesn't work!!
Are you constantly stressed out and don’t know what to do? We’re told that we need to manage stress. But is managing stress the best we can do? How about getting rid of stress rather than managing it?
1. Change is always about you, not the other person. When you do it for someone else it never works.
2. Unless you are willing to change what doesn’t work you will keep getting the same results. All behavior has critical mass and momentum.
3. Change needs to resonate as true for you.
4. Change is an opportunity to grow and stretch and makes you feel good about yourself.
5. You can decide whether you want to be around someone who refuses to make changes.
I had a client tell me that her husband said he would never change and that he liked himself just the way he was (with bad behavior and all). I told her that just like he had the right to decide so did she, and that she could decide whether or not she wanted to be around someone who didn’t want to change.
1. Anger is not a “real” emotion. It is what results when we refuse to feel what we are really feeling.
2. Anger is sadness flipped upside down. It is always about a loss, an unfulfilled expectation.
3. Anger wrecks havoc on your body and weakens your immune system.
4. Anger destroys self-esteem, self-respect and relationships.
5. Only through feeling – what we are afraid to feel - can we move through anger.
Rushing a decision is never in our best interests but often we fear the unknown and choose a course before the time is right. Do you know that - When you are confused, it is always best to do nothing?
1. Confusion is an incongruity between what you are thinking and what you are feeling. This is what happens when you are confused.
2. Confusion points the way to a new beginning – It will not allow us to take the familiar path. This is good.
3. Sit on the floor and ask yourself. "What am I feeling?"
4. Do not make a decision until everything in you says, “Go!”